December 31, 2018

Birding means much more to me than the statistics and if it were not for eBird, I would have no idea of my "rank" among my peers.

This morning I created a full blog to end the year. By the time I posted, it was but two pages long - the rest went into the ether or wherever else the "disappeared" words/photos go. I spoke of the birds most meaningful to me, the ones I wanted to see and found, the ones I shared with companion birders both known and unknown (professional field trips).

All of that information is available on my blog that you can access by dates on the left side of this brief posting.

In all, I added 36 Life Birds to my overall Life List this year. It was a joy in every way. Among Arizona birders, I, again, ended up in 10th place with 350 species. A great Shout Out to friend, Susan Fishburn who racked up 410 species in First Place!






Of the Top 100 eBirders in ABA Region, 2018 - I ended up in 41st place with 545 species.


Until next year. . . 





No comments:

Post a Comment